2 Garlic cloves
3 Coriander roots, washed and chopped
4 Long Green Chillies, Seeded and finely chopped
3 Coriander sprigs, leaves picked
3 Limes, juiced
1 Teapoon of salt
1 Teaspoon of castor sugar
2 Tablespoons of fish sauce
This is one of our favorite sauces and we make it almost every time we use our grills. Although this is a Thai recipe it works incredibly well with any grilled fish, meat or vegetables. Give it a try - you won't regret it!
- Put the garlic and coriander roots in a mortar and pestle and pound to a smooth paste.
- Add the green chillies, salt and sugar and pound again.
- Add the coriander leaves and continue to pound to a bright green paste.
- Next add the lime juice and fish sauce.
- Add 50ml of water to loosen the paste and dilute the acidity.