MAKE-UP REMOVAL PADS: All our artisan Japanese kitchen bed and bath ranges, spanning dishtowels, towels, mats, throws and pads, are produced by Maruyama Fiber Industry Co., Ltd. Each cotton make-up pad is made of organic cotton and is woven using traditional Japanese weaving techniques. The pads are gentle on skin, can be used repeatedly, and will become softer with use.
KONJAC: This facial cleansing sponge is made out of 100% organic konjac grown in Japan’s Gunma Prefecture. This plant, commonly eaten in the Japanese diet, has amazing water-retention properties that allow the sponge to gently remove impurities from your pores for a soft and glowy complexion.
These sponges can be used with or without soap to remove dead skin cells without irritating the skin. The sponge is naturally alkaline, with a pH of 8.4. Konjac sponges maintain the pH balance of the skin without creating any irritation. Additionally, konjac sponges are cruelty-free and vegan.
- Camelia - Anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic while protecting the skin from dryness.
- Charcoal - Cleanse excess sebum and oil from the pores – great for combination and oily skin-types, but gentle enough for sensitive skin.
- Cherry Blossom – Helps smooth rough skin, prevents inflammation, and brightens the skin.
- Green Tea - Helps disinfect the skin and prevent blemishes by reducing acne inflammation.
- Wild Mint - Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Used to cleanse and tone skin.
- Yuzu - Yuzu fruit extract is often added to cosmetics and soaps to moisturize skin.
- White - These all-natural sponges are great for people with sensitive skin.
- White Peach - Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Great for smoothing rough skin.